Dental Exams Offered at Inspire Dental in Roswell, Sandy Springs GA
Dental exams and checkups and cleanings are crucial not only for your oral health, but for your overall health as well. Most Children and Adults Should Get a Dental Exam Every 6 Months. Your mouth is an entry point to your digestive and respiratory tract, if you have oral health issues, it can greatly affect your overall health. Visit Inspire Dental for more information. Call us today to learn more about Cosmetic dentistry or schedule an appointment online. We have convenient locations to serve you in Roswell GA, and Sandy Springs GA.
Table of Contents:
A few of the major basics to follow when it comes to oral hygiene includes:
• Brushing your teeth
• Brushing your teeth at least twice a day
• Using proper equipment to take care of your teeth
• Practicing good technique
• Keeping your equipment clean in between uses
• Knowing when it’s the right time to replace your toothbrush
• Flossing your teeth
• Do not skimp on floss
• Be gentle when flossing
• Floss between one tooth at a time
• Keep flossing regularly
• Other oral tips
• Using mouthwash daily that has fluoride in it to promote good oral health
• Resist using toothpicks or other objects which can introduce bacteria into the mouth
• Quit smoking
• Quit chewing tobacco
• Visit your dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings to avoid potential oral health issues
Your oral health can contribute to various other diseases and conditions as well including:
• Cardiovascular disease
• Pregnancy and birth complications
• Alzheimer’s disease
This is why dentists are so crucial in your overall health, as the oral health is a major contributor to your overall health’s success. Protect yourself and your oral health by practicing good oral hygiene daily by:
• Brushing your teeth at least twice a day with toothpaste
• Floss daily
• Use mouthwash to help remove any food particles that may have been left behind
• Eating healthier and limiting sugary foods/drinks
• Replace your toothbrush every three months or sooner if you start noticing the bristles are splayed or become worn
• Schedule regular checkups and cleanings with your dental clinic
• Avoid smoking or chewing tobacco products
Contact your dentist is you start noticing issues with your oral health. Your oral health is an investment for your overall health.
• Dental exam
Your dentist will review your face, neck and underneath your bottom jawline for any abnormalities like lumps, bumps or swelling they need to be worried about. They will also review a thorough exam of your teeth, gums and mouth, and look for any signs of tooth decay, gingivitis and periodontal disease. Any issues they find will be discussed at this appointment. Bring up any issues you may be experiencing as well such as toothaches, sensitivity, or cosmetic concerns.
• X-rays (if needed)
The majority of issues with your teeth and jawbone are not visible to the naked eye, many dentists will recommend an x-ray to be taken at least once a year to have a more accurate look at the inside of your mouth and below your teeth and gums. X-rays can help diagnose any issue otherwise not seen during your dental exam.
• Thorough cleaning
A hygienist will walk through your medical history before completing a thorough cleaning of your mouth. This is to make sure they clean up anything that may have been missed during your routine oral hygiene care or go deeper and clean up issues brought on by diseases or other conditions.
• Scheduling your next follow-up appointment
Scheduling a follow-up appointment is crucial in your oral health, it is highly recommended that you see your dentist for a checkup and cleaning at least once every six months.